Teen Zone
March 28, 2024, 03:18:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TEENZONE

Sold to TeenTech.

SITE CLOSED

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links RULES! Awards Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Football Update! (Herm Edwards Fired)

Recent Items

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Mod Nathan
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Football Update! (Herm Edwards Fired)  (Read 333 times)
wicked jester inc.
Head Administrator

Rep: 162

Subtract: 100
Blackmarks: 0/10

Chargers fan

« on: January 23, 2009, 11:06:29 pm »

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs coach Herm Edwards was fired Friday. And former Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan may be in line to replace him.

Edwards

Edwards was 15-34 in three seasons with the Chiefs, including 2-14 this season. He had one year remaining on his original four-year, $12 million contract.

"On behalf of my family, I want to thank Herm for his service to the Chiefs," Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said in a team statement. "After careful deliberation over the last week, Scott and I decided that it was in the best interests of the Chiefs to move forward in a different direction.

"This was not an easy decision. Herm is an outstanding football coach and a man of integrity. We appreciate his leadership over the past three seasons, and we wish him all the best in the future."

The Chiefs have been in negotiations to land Shanahan as their next coach and a deal is near, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Edwards' status has been in doubt since the Chiefs hired Scott Pioli as their general manager on Jan. 13. Asked at his introductory news conference about Edwards' status, Pioli declined to say.

"Since my arrival last week, Herm and I have had several conversations as part of my overall evaluation of the football operation," Pioli said in a statement. "After careful consideration, Clark and I felt that it was best to make a change. What I conveyed last week in the press conference I still believe to be true -- Herm is a great man and a tremendous football coach. He respects the game and the league, and he is passionate about his players and his craft.

"Over the course of this last week, I have also spent time meeting and visiting with most of the assistant coaches, and I will continue to do so over the next several days. All of the coaches from last year's staff, with the exception of one, are under contract through the 2009 season."

Edwards was 41-44 in five seasons as head coach of the New York Jets, including three trips to the playoffs.

Edwards came to Kansas City from the Jets and made the playoffs in his first season, when the team was 9-7. But he was under fire after the team finished 4-12 in 2007. Team management gave him its support, but expected a run at the playoffs. Instead, the team went 2-14.

In Edwards' three seasons in Kansas City, only three teams had worse records: Detroit, Oakland and St. Louis.

Prior to joining the Jets, Edwards spent five seasons serving as assistant head coach/defensive backs coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, working under head coach Tony Dungy. Edwards served as a scout for Kansas City from '90-91 before joining Marty Schottenheimer's staff as defensive backs coach ('92-94).
Report Spam   Logged

Chargers rule!!
(No I don't live in San Diego)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mod Nathan
Founder of TEENZONE
Site Owner
WARLORD

Rep: 765

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 03:45:23 pm »

Very interesting!!!

Is there any fixtures avalable?

e.g.

team VS team (2nd feb 2009)

?
Report Spam   Logged

wicked jester inc.
Head Administrator

Chargers fan

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:44:10 pm »

Football is done after the Super Bowl pretty much.

Explain Fixtures please.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Chargers rule!!
Mod Nathan
Founder of TEENZONE
Site Owner
WARLORD

Rep: 765

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:42:03 pm »

Football is done after the Super Bowl pretty much.

Explain Fixtures please.  Grin

A fixture Is an upcoming Match or game!!!

For example in basketball

SPURS VS BULLS - Match date 12 april 2009

Like that

I hope you understand now
Report Spam   Logged

wicked jester inc.
Head Administrator

Chargers fan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:49:29 pm »

Oo. Okay thank you. Nope, football is done after the Probowl. Which is idk when. The Super Bowl is Feb. 1st
Report Spam   Logged

Chargers rule!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: